About the Abbotsford CSO
The Abbotsford Community Services Office (CSO) provides support, advocacy, and a range of direct services to community members, to enhance their community inclusion and participation. Many service users who come to the CSO are from marginalized and vulnerable communities and are experiencing multiple, and persistent barriers to accessing community resources. Our staff and volunteers are trained to help service users navigate these challenges.
We respond to people’s self-identified needs by connecting them to relevant services, supports, and resources, which may include offering assistance with:
- Securing and maintaining safe and affordable housing
- Seeking addiction services or residential treatment programs
- Income tax resources
- Obtaining identification
- Release planning
- Educational upgrading
- Parole applications and hearings with the Parole Board of Canada
- Legal concerns and referrals
- Advocacy in jail/prison, and following release to the community
Unlike the Vancouver CSO, our Abbotsford CSO does not provide walk-in services or programs at this time.