Community Service Offices
Our Community Service Offices (CSO) can be accessed by all people within our community looking for an inclusive space or in need of assistance; there is no referral process or criteria that must be met. Traditionally, the CSOs support those who experience persistent and multiple barriers to accessing mainstream community resources, particularly marginalized and vulnerable populations. Our experienced paid and volunteer staff are trained and knowledgeable in working with individuals involved in or impacted by the criminal justice system and provide critical supports to other agency programs and clients.
We are person-centred and determined in our approach to assist people that connect with the CSO. We respond to people’s self-identified needs by connecting them to the services, supports, and resources necessary to meet those needs, which may include offering assistance with:
- Securing and maintaining safe and affordable housing
- Information regarding addiction services and residential treatment programs
- Income tax resources
- Obtaining identification
- Assistance with release planning
- Educational upgrading
- Support with parole applications and upcoming hearings with the Parole Board of Canada
- Legal concerns and referrals
- Advocacy assistance in correctional institutions and following release to the community
Our Vancouver CSO is a walk-in office open to the public that provides on-site programming and supports, and is a free call from Surrey Pretrial, North Fraser Pretrial, or Fraser Regional Correctional Centre.
Our Abbotsford CSO does not provide walk-in services or programs at this time, but can be reached toll-free at 1.877.640.1122
- Support individuals requiring assistance through transitional periods
- Facilitate referrals to community resources in order to establish safety and success for both individuals and their community
- Provide advocacy support
- Increase community knowledge and awareness of criminal and social justice challenges and solutions
- There is no referral process or criteria – resources delivered through both our CSOs can be accessed by all individuals in need of assistance
- If visiting our Vancouver CSO, individuals must play a role in maintaining its ability to offer a safe and inclusive space for all
BECOME PART OF THE CONNECTIVE COMMUNITY
Donate, volunteer or apply for a meaningful career today.