About the Vancouver CSO
The Vancouver Community Services Office (CSO) is a drop-in space that can be accessed by anyone in the community in need of assistance. Many service users who come to the CSO are from marginalized and vulnerable communities and are experiencing multiple, and persistent barriers to accessing community resources. Our staff and volunteers are trained to help service users navigate these challenges.
We respond to people’s self-identified needs by connecting them to relevant services, supports, and resources, which may include offering assistance with:
- Securing and maintaining safe and affordable housing
- Seeking addiction services or residential treatment programs
- Income tax resources
- Obtaining identification
- Release planning
- Educational upgrading
- Parole applications and hearings with the Parole Board of Canada
- Legal concerns and referrals
- Advocacy in jail/prison, and following release to the community
The CSO also provides support for service users who participate in other Connective programs.