About Diversity Flats
Diversity Flats provides safe and secure affordable housing for singles, couples, families with low to moderate income, and individuals living with disabilities or mental health challenges. The apartment building is a partnership between Connective, BC Housing, and the City of Kamloops, and consists of 60 units priced 20-30% under the market rental rate for the community.
The building includes:
- Accessible suites
- Studio units
- 1- and 2-bedroom apartments
- Adaptable 1–2-bedroom adjoining units for shared living arrangements
- Accessible laundry
- Outdoor and indoor bicycle and scooter spaces
- Open parking, with opportunities for an assigned parking
- Opportunities for indoor storage units
- Pet friendly units
Diversity Flats supports people to secure immediate and low-barrier access to appropriate, stable housing, setting them up for long-term success in the community. Safe and secure housing acts as a springboard for individuals to access additional supports, overcome any challenges they may be facing, and pursue personal independence.