About Bedford Manor
Bedford Manor is an assisted living residence for individuals living with disabilities who are referred through the Interior Health Authority. The program, located in Kamloops, provides 24-hour support to 76 residents in a four-story apartment building that is wheelchair accessible.
Bedford Manor allows residents to maintain as much independence as possible in a home-like environment while pursuing their own unique goals. Residents receive individualized support with the tasks of daily living, as well as access to a variety of recreational activities.
Residents have access to a variety of services, supports, and opportunities, including:
- Lunch and dinner service, with an option to purchase breakfast service
- Housekeeping once a week, with an option to purchase additional services
- Internal Lifeline system to monitor and ensure resident safety and wellbeing
- Access to a variety of weekly recreational activities
- Access to dining room, TV lounge, and recreational spaces
- Assigned scooter parking, and with some car parking
- Partnership with Interior Health for medical equipment requisition
- Telephone services available for purchase
The Bedford Manor program is designed to ensure the safety and well-being of residents. The team works hard to meet the individual needs of each resident so they can pursue and achieve their goals.
- Maximize independence through support and barrier-free structures and processes within the home
- Respect and promote the autonomy of residents as they express their health needs and values
- Value and advocate for the dignity and self-respect of all residents
- Ensure residents’ self-direction and freedom to access community services and programs
- Maintain a home-like environment that supports each client’s preferred lifestyle