About Fraser Apartments
Fraser Apartments provides safe and secure housing for people under the care of Community Living BC (CLBC) who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness. The independent living complex in Vancouver features 8 bachelor suites.
Residents at Fraser Apartments often experience co-occurring barriers such as developmental disabilities, problematic substance use, mental health issues, and/or criminal justice involvement.
While support differs for each resident depending on their self-identified needs, goals, and interests, Fraser Apartments provides options for skill building in the following areas to promote both community inclusion and greater independence:
- Daily living skills: Personal hygiene, health/mental health, time management, meal planning and preparation, shopping, daily/weekly chores, and budgeting
- Community awareness and social maturity: Transportation, leisure, volunteering, interpersonal skills, relationship building, consideration, problem-solving, and public safety
- Educational and vocational skills: Employment readiness preparation, referrals to community-based educational/job training programs, volunteer placements, job searches, resume, and job interviews
- Increased social network: Increasing community connectedness through activities that foster participation, inclusion, and access to essential support
- Community engagement: Enhancing opportunities related to volunteering, employment, recreational activities, day programs, and community engagement