About Vancouver Apartments
Vancouver Apartments provides 24-hour support in a safe and secure community home setting for people under the care of Community Living BC (CLBC). The program is located in Vancouver and has four single units.
Residents at Vancouver Apartments often experience co-occurring barriers such as developmental disabilities, problematic substance use, mental health issues, and/or criminal justice issues. People at the program receive intensive living assistance to promote independence and have access to activities that focus on community participation, inclusion, and removing barriers and stigma to help residents access essential supports.
While support looks different for each resident based on their self-identified needs, goals, and interests, Vancouver Apartments provides options for skill building in the following areas to promote both community inclusion and greater independence:
- Daily living skills: Personal hygiene, health/mental health, time management, meal planning and preparation, shopping, daily/weekly chores, and budgeting
- Community awareness and social maturity: Transportation, leisure, volunteering, interpersonal skills, relationship building, consideration, problem-solving, and public safety
- Educational and vocational skills: Employment readiness preparation, referrals to community-based educational/job training programs, volunteer placements, job searches, resume, and job interviews
- Increased social network: Increasing community connectedness through activities that foster participation, inclusion, and access to essential support
- Community engagement: Enhancing opportunities related to volunteering, employment, recreational activities, day programs, and community engagement
The Vancouver Apartments team is committed to meeting people where they are at and recognizes that resident needs and goals may fluctuate or change over time.